If you are thinking about selling your home sometime this fall, I’ve got five great tips to share with you today. Here’s what you need to know.
Looking for a home? Click here to search homes.
Here are a few things you need to know when selling a home during the fall:
1. Analyze the market and price your home right. If you’re selling in the fall, it’s important to first analyze the current state of the local real estate market. An experienced agent should be able to help you with this. Understanding the type of market you’re in is especially important.
2. Decorate and embrace the fall season. The fall has some great holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving where you can add some personality to your home. Don’t hesitate on getting your home decorated, as it might help buyers visualize themselves in your home. Don’t overdo the Halloween decorations with blood and gore though, and be tactful with your decorating.
More light equals more space in the eyes of homebuyers.
3. Clean up the exterior. The No. 1 place where homeowners drop the ball is forgetting to clean up their yards. Some of the most important fall cleanup tasks when selling during this time of year includes raking leaves, trimming flower beds and bushes, and more. Another extremely important thing is to clean out your gutters.
4. Prepare your home for showings. One of the best ways to prepare is by ensuring your home smells good. One reason potential buyers are scared away from homes is foul odors. You might want to bake an apple or pumpkin pie before showings or make a fresh pot of coffee.
5. Turn on all the lights in your home. Since the number of daylight hours decrease, it’s more likely that your home is shown while it’s dark. Having all the lights on in your home will allow your home to appear larger.
If you have any questions about selling your home or anything else about real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.